Friday, January 12, 2018

Quiltville's En Provence Quilt and the 2018 Update

Several times during the year I work on quilts that I hope never go home to their owner.  This was one of them.  It's the Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville) mystery quilt from 2017 - En Provence.

The maker used a beautiful selection of greys to offset the golds, greens and purples.

She's also a very exacting piecer.

Beautiful show of the quilting on the back side.

An update on the painting:

  • The hallways from the front door, leading down the stairs to my workroom and also up the stairs to the bedrooms are all finished.  Because I KNOW you are curious, there are eleven - yes ELEVEN doorways that needed to be cut in.  Jesus Murphy.

An update on my 30 day challenge:
What, you missed my last post?  Nothing to eat or drink after 8 pm for 30 days, starting on January 2nd.

Since I started on January 2nd I have been 'bad' three times. 

  • Saturday the 6th was a late-night dinner reservation.  I was not leaving my delicious Butternut Squash Ravioli to go back to the kitchen.  And I was not skipping dessert.
  • Monday the 8th DH and I went to the movies after our shopping excursion at Costco.  I needed a glass of wine when I got home to wash down the pizza and popcorn that was masquerading as supper.
  • Wednesday the 10th, after the guild meeting.  When I get home from a guild meeting it is mandatory (in my weird little head) to have a glass of wine.  Sadly I had potato chips too.  WHICH WAS THE WHOLE REASON TO DO THIS CHALLENGE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
To my knowledge, there will only be one more evening when I will be 'bad', and that's the 29th, after the Binbrook Guild meeting.  I'll keep you posted...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...