Monday, May 30, 2016

Two Interesting Quilts & the garden

This is a great modern quilt called Paper Clips.

Quilted with "Modern Hourglass" panto.

Ooh, I love this one.  Very funky New York Beauty.

Quilted with Chantilly Lace panto.

My clematis is sooo pretty this year!

The front garden poppies are popping.

The bees loooove the sage.

The stupid rabbit is very healthy.  Last night I got DH to put a big fence around this section of the garden because the lettuce, cabbage and peas are ALL being eaten by the little bastard.  And I planted bean and beet seeds which would also disappear if we took no action.  So there!

Dear Sweet Jesus.  I have dug up about 300 garlic plants that have been seeding themselves over the last couple of years in my cutting garden.  Every time I think I've got all the big clumps I find another one.  I have now learned that you need to clip off the 'scapes' (the curly flower thing) because that is the seed head.

On the plus side, I found STRAWBERRY plants buried under all that garlic.

And on the plus plus side, I planted four ZUCCHINI plants yesterday. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...