Monday, September 8, 2014

My Idiot Dog & Zucchini Report

This is my idiot dog, watching a Polar Bear on tv.
I suppose I shouldn't call her an idiot, since I was watching the Polar Bear on tv, too.
However.  She spends a lot of the daytime outside, barking at the Turkey Vultures, which are easily twice her size.  So I'm thinking perhaps she really IS an idiot.  She's lucky they tend to live on  carrion, not irritating dogs.

ZUCCHINI REPORT
Picked this week:  5
Picked YTD:        59.

The weather is cooling noticeably - the zucchini harvest is definitely slowing down.  The beans are almost finished, and I can rip out the dead peas any time.  I think I will have to go out and yell at my cabbages to hurry up, or they won't even be worth harvesting.

My latest kitchen FAIL was the zucchini chips I attempted in the dehydrator.  Yeah.  Um, no.  It's a good thing I believe in nothing ventured, nothing gained, and that it's ok to crash & burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...