Saturday, April 26, 2014

What's on the Menu

DH's birthday is coming up so I am cooking.  Two guys he used to work with bring their wives, and we all help celebrate.  Tonight we are having:
  • APPETIZERS - veggies & dip - dip recipes from HERE (there many recipes here - just page through.  I have made up tortilla mix, ranch dressing mix, and onion soup mix.  All of them make good dips with either sour cream or plain yogurt)
  • crackers & cheese & kielbasa
  • MAIN COURSE - pulled pork from THIS recipe
  • toasted buns for the pork
  • baked potatoes with sour cream, chopped green onions, grated cheddar cheese
  • kale salad from Costco (seriously - DH actually put this in the cart himself.  Kale!!  Could zucchini be next?)
  • chocolate cake with ice cream
I have my own chocolate cake mix that I make up and keep in the pantry.  Because I don't like ingredient lists like this:
This is the mix that I keep in the pantry, in a very fancy (?) ziploc bag.

The frosting is a Martha Stewart recipe, HERE.

I'm also whipping up a pitcher of green cocktails for the girls, involving rum.  AND I will put a pitcher of lemon-water on the dining room table to perhaps forestall the hangovers.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you for the "instant" chocolate cake recipe! I definitely like the idea of having that ready to go for the "good-you're-home-we'll-be-there-in-an-hour" type visitors!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...