Thursday, November 28, 2013

Red & White Oak Leaf Quilt, BS Report, and I'm famous (sort of)

This is a replica of an antique quilt.  Wow - I just love that red & white.

The maker had started to hand quilt it, then got stuck with a looming deadline.  She ripped out her hand work and sweet-talked me into sliding it in to my work schedule. Her $20 bribe helped.  :-)

After a bunch of stitch-in-the-ditch, I used all the powers of my imagination to decide on quilting motifs.  Oak Leaf Applique = oak leaf designs.  Doh...

The back is really pretty.  That red thread sure shows up!  Click on the pic for a larger view.

You can still see some evidence of the hand quilting.  That should all disappear when this is washed.
FAMOUS:  Yeah, me.  If you are a member of the Canadian Quilters Association, I have an article on pg. 41 of the Winter 2013 edition of the newsletter, about quilts donated to the Calgary flood relief program.

Butternut Squash:  I missed a BS report or two, so here's an update.  They were all picked a few weeks ago and are sitting in a wheelbarrow in the garage.  I know that DH has tossed a couple in the compost because they rotted.  Already.  Grrr.  The garage doesn't get cold enough for storage until it's REALLY cold outside.  Even then, on a sunny day it heats up quite a bit because of the large, south-facing windows.  And since the fruit cellar also has spent the whole summer warming up, it is not cold in November. That is a tricky month to try and store veggies.  Must. Get. Extra. Fridge.
BS REPORT
Used recently: 5 (4 for soup, one for another tart- original post & recipe link here)
Used YTD: 28

BS Tidbit:  I hope you get a chuckle out of these because they are surprisingly hard to make up.  Um... I was a sane teenager.  Hah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...