Sunday, March 17, 2013

Star Quilt - St. Patrick's Day GREEN

In honour of St. Patrick's Day, here is a lovely GREEN quilt.

The stars were lightly quilted with continuous curve.  In the past I would have done this freehand, but here I did this with the IQ.  So much easier on my poor wrist, which is still in a cast (but only for 2 more sleeps).

Love the matching border design, eh?

This is how I spent yesterday - International Quilting Day.  As you can see, it is a little box which holds.... secret information for now.
I currently have a large to-do list that must be cleaned up before next Saturday, which is when I leave for Bali.  Today I think I will finish the tax prep so I can make a visit to the accountant next week.  If the plane goes down and the taxes are not done, DH will just have to reconcile himself with the idea of jail time.  They are currently in such a state of disarray no one else would EVER figure out what I've done so far.

Bali is a full 12 hours ahead of us which will mean major jet-lag.  Apparently a body can only acclimate by one hour per day, so I have been trying to get a jump on that.  Today the alarm went off at 5 am and I was up by 5:30.  Poor DH.  I have not yet informed him that Tuesday will likely be 4 am.  And Thursday will be 3 am.  Maybe I should have gone the other way and ADDED an hour to the days, but I don't think I could have stayed in bed longer and longer.  That would also throw a monkey wrench into Red Hat day coming up on Thursday - I can't see myself hopping out of bed and running over to the Chinese restaurant to meet the girls for... breakfast?  euwww

1 comment:

  1. The green quilt is fabulous..pattern & quilting (of course) .... I really like that person's "ode to St. Patrick & Ireland" hee hee. "top-o-the-mornin"

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...