Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baby Quilts

This gal made a couple of baby quilts for a set of twins.

They got matching doll quilts, too.  What a great idea.

Love variegated thread! That dragonfly pantograph is definitely a favorite of my customers.

Yum. Cheesecake for supper - from my postponed birthday shopping trip to the Walden Galleria Mall in Buffalo.

New shoes from DSW. 
I did lots of other shopping too, mostly summer clothes for my upcoming trip to Bali. It was so nice to see all the lovely pastel colours in the stores!  Coral is definitely popular this year. There were a few bargains on winter-wear that came home with me, and they'll come in handy.  When I look out the window in the morning there is still snow on the ground.  I'm not sure why that surprises me because it IS still winter.  I guess I am just sick of it at this point, and getting anxious to see something green popping up.  

I am foregoing my annual retreat with the Binbrook quilters at Creiff Hills this year because the vacation budget will only stretch so far.  That money will go towards batik shopping in Indonesia.  Stay tuned for the April stash report.  Heh, heh, heh.

On the disability front, I am SICK OF THIS CAST!!!  Two more weeks to go before it comes off.  Progress is showing though - I helped with supper last night.  A large pot of water with pasta is impossible to pick up, so DH did that, and he cut the veggies and shredded the cheese.  And he put the casserole in the oven, and took it out when it was cooked.  But I COOKED everything, and assembled the casserole.  And, of course, I chose the recipe, which is where everything begins.  We made Gringo Starr from the Looneyspoons cookbook.  We make a funny pair these days, since he threw his back out last week.  He's crooked and bent over, and I can't pick up anything heavy or hold anything small.  We're the walking wounded.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...