Friday, January 4, 2013

Scraps & Recipe

Okey dokey. Scraps cut into random width strips - all less than 2 1/2" wide. Cut approximately 10 1/2" long. 

Sew two sets, 15 blocks of each colour - a blue/purple set and a red/pink set.  Sew until you have more than 10" worth in each block, then square up to 9 1/2".  I starched these before I trimmed them - it kept them much flatter.


I laid a red on top of a blue with the strips running in the same direction, then drew a diagonal line.

Sew on both sides of the line, then cut apart.


Now I have 30 of these.  Some people will likely say, "Oh, poor Helen!".  Those are the scrap quilt haters - not my favorite people.  Stay tuned for the next installment.  ha ha, note the awesome photographic skills and the camera strap in the pic!  Oh, yeah, these measure 9 1/8".




We had a ham for supper on New Years Day.  There are enough leftovers to get us into the next millenium.  This is tonight's recipe. I've been making this for YEARS.  It is one of the few ways I can get cauliflower into DH.  If you make it, drain the cauliflower well.  And don't let the cheese sauce get too thick, otherwise it will just glop on top of the ingredients, instead of flowing down.
This is from The Lighthearted Cookbook by Anne Lindsay.  If you don't hear from me again, it will be because I am in jail for copyright violation.


1 comment:

  1. I too am working on creating strips, but am not so far along to cutting squares or triangles... in fact I haven't been in the sewing room since christmas eve!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...