Saturday, September 15, 2012

Broken Star Quilt & Jane Sassaman

Mmm, what a beautiful quilt.  AND it was flat, and square.

Feather background quilting and a motif in all of the star points.

There are two smaller stars in the pillowtuck area.

Last Sunday was a day I've been looking forward to for months.  A day spent with Jane Sassaman, who is one of my long time idols.

This was a design class, not a sewing class, so we were working with paper, scissors, pencils and colour.  Just like being in kindergarten again.

I bought a half-yard bundle of her fabrics (as DH said:  "well of COURSE you did!!") and they were making me insane, sitting on my work table all week, staring at me.  By Thursday it got to the point where if I didn't sew them up into something I was going to explode.  Only another quilter would understand that feeling.






I left them in pretty big pieces - partly time crunch, partly lazy, partly just love the fabric and hated to cut it up.  It will make a wonderful throw or tablecloth, finished at 65" x 75" - I used 100% cotton batting so it's nice and thin.  I really like the pattern I quilted on it - Jesters Hat. Now I just need to finish the binding...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...