Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dragon Baby quilted & DSW Day

Dragon Baby border is being curvy-scalloped. Quilting is spiky to match the dragon backbone spikes. The batting is 100% cotton.  I'm afraid of poly batting in kids quilts, in case of fire - I hate the thought of plastic melting on to skin.  Much better to burn right off.

The body of the quilt was quilted with orange peel design.  The dragon got a few scales.

I took a personal day on Thursday and went ... Shoe shopping!!!!  Vouchers are only good for so long, you know.  :-)
I got home at 9 pm and as I walked in the door DH handed me the phone.  Apparently the whole world had been trying to find me, starting at 2:40 in the afternoon.  Mom fell and broke her hip (or more likely broke her hip and THEN fell) and was in the hospital.  Poor Mom is in a lot of pain and totally drugged up while she waits for her blood INR to get to a level where they can operate without making her bleed out.  Likely Saturday or Sunday.  It was already so late at night by the time I sorted out calls to the nursing home and the hospital that I waited until Friday morning to go down to sign the surgery waiver.  Supposedly she will be back at the nursing home approximately one week after surgery.  My great hope is that she will get back her mobility.  Most of the residents at the home are in wheelchairs - Mom is one of the few who wanders the halls under her own steam, using a walker.

2 comments:

  1. Love your Dragon quilt Helen. Shopping trip - good to know that not everyone is contactable by mobile 24/7.
    regards Christine

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...