Friday, July 15, 2011

quilt work in progress

I've never made a One Block Wonder.  Sometimes the best part of my job is being able to work on interesting things that someone else has started.  Those little cube blocks are very fiddly to make.


Check the UFO page for my progress on the July challenge.

DH and I have very different philosophies when it comes to spending our hard earned cash.  He bought a lovely new sprinkler for the veggie garden at a jaw-dropping cost of $30.00.  I realize it is only me with a dropping jaw - I'm sure that is a normal price for a sprinkler.  However, since our well water clogs up all outdoor water equipment I buy the cheapest stuff I can find and throw it out every two years.  When I need to water the front gardens I get out my trusty cement squirrel and prop up one of my hose end nozzles.  It works great.

1 comment:

  1. Helen, before you throw out your old sprinkler, try this trick: fill a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the clogged holes of the sprinkler) with vinegar and put the sprinkler in it with the holes in the vinegar. Let it soak for a few hours or even overnight and then rinse it out. That should get all of the well water "gunk" out of it. We have the same problem, and have used the same sprinklers for 20+ years. We usually treat them before they are put away for the winter. Hope this helps!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...