Monday, August 2, 2010

Floral Applique and Buddhist Philosophy via the CBC

Floral applique with a bit of beading.
I was requested to quilt the wide border using a design based on the backing fabric.
Ooo, that was fun!
I've taken to listening to the CBC quite a bit. Although, when I'm working I either have to wear my headphones, or turn the volume up to (dangerous) stadium levels. Yesterday being Sunday, they were discussing religion in one form or another. Karen Armstrong was the interviewee (real word??). In a bit of her dialogue she was talking about Buddha and his theory of how we reach ______ (can't remember the term - enlightenment?, compassion?, other?). My bastardized version is: we must consider the thing that hurts us the most, and resolve to NEVER subject another being to that pain, be it physical, emotional, psychological, whatever. Hmm, that's a worthwhile challenge for all of us. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...