Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Shoes-ey Christmas & Red Hats of Leisure

My friends certainly know how to put a smile on my face. Christmas gift #1 - my favorite dish cloths and fabric. More specifically, SHOE fabric.

Christmas gift #2 - a necklace. More specifically, a SHOE necklace.

We will be having a quiet Christmas since all the relatives either have left, or will be leaving town. I invited my Red Hat girls over tomorrow to watch Julie & Julia. I figured most of them would be busy and I'd have maybe 3 or 4 show up. Yahh - NO. There will be 12 of us (count 'em - twelve) for movie night. I have our cocktail all picked out... Captain Billy's Koolaid, made with Southern Comfort and Amaretto. I will make this in a large (!) punch bowl with a splash of 7-up and cranberry juice. Yum yum yum. I expect I will have to watch the movie again the next day so I can actually hear it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, found you from a quilting blog. I too am from Ontario (my great aunt and family are from Caledonia)and quilt whenever I can find the time. I love knitted or crocheted dishcloths too. They do make great gifts. I'm off to check out more of your older posts. Stop by anytime.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas from Halton Region.

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...