Thursday, October 29, 2009

Christmas Quilt Commission

I have a very cute commission quilt I'm working on for Christmas. I'm taking Christmas ties and turning them into a wall hanging.


Who designs these cute things? I had to remove several little musical boxes, which have left holes in the ties where the lights used to live. I will fill those with Swarovski crystals. Stay tuned - more pics some time next week when I have this finished.


If you recall a few weeks ago I blogged about Margaret sending me a surprise package in the mail, which turned out to be a shoe panel. It seems I have more than one great friend. Carol Anne sent me a charm pack of co-ordinating fabrics. How exciting is that???


I'm going up to Margaret's tomorrow for a nice long weekend. I'm bringing Pumpkin Squares. This is a recipe from my s.i.l.'s sister (which makes her my sister-in-law-law?). Darlene makes them with way more sugar, so her version has a MUCH bigger fan base. Here is my version, which is still pretty good.
=======================
Pumpkin Squares

Ingredients:

1 - 18 ½ oz (510 gm) box yellow cake mix
½ cup butter (melted)
4 eggs
1 - 16 oz (473 ml) can pumpkin
½ cup sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup carnation milk
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp cloves
½ tsp nutmeg
=================
½ cup oatmeal
½ cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1/4 cup butter (slightly softened)
===================
pre-heat oven to 350* (or 325* for glass pan)

grease 13 x 9 baking pan

• Reserve 1 cup cake mix in a small bowl.
• Lightly beat one egg in a larger bowl and stir together with remaining cake mix, and melted butter.
• Press into prepared pan.
• In a large bowl blend remaining 3 eggs, pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, milk and spices.
• Pour over cake mixture in pan.
• To the 1 cup reserved cake mix add oatmeal, pecans, and softened butter, sprinkle on top of pumpkin layer.

Bake for 50-60 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please - share your wisdom...