Monday, September 28, 2009

Laptop issues, movies & quilting

I've been given a used laptop by my brother so I can do presentations with my new projector. Somehow, Windows XP and Thinkpad and the presentation director have disabled the F7 key (which I need to make the video output scootch on over to the projector).

Here are two of my technical wizards hard at work. I bought them off with lunch at Timmies. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for and the F7 key still doesn't work.

April's quilt looks beautiful. This was a kit she and her friend purchased. I will be working on her friend's quilt this coming week.





On Saturday we went to the movies with my nephew and his new bride (gosh I love the term 'new bride' - it sounds so romantic) to see Bruce Willis' flic Surrogates. Dinner at Lonestar was first. The nephew works at a kitchen design company and was involved in the kitchen building at this restaurant. When we got to the theatre the bride and I went to the potty. She got all kinds of toilet paper stuck to her shoes from a dirty stall. It was trailing out behind her like something you'd see in a cartoon - too funny!! We pulled it off with paper towels because lemme tell you - she certainly did NOT look the romanticized version of a new bride. The movie was good - very entertaining and not too too gory. And it was lovely catching up with the kids.

2 comments:

  1. You get what you pay for. LOL! Beautiful quilting. Your customers obviously get what they pay for!

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...