Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yo Yo quilts from Tokyo Show

Here are some of the yo yo quilts from the show. When we were wandering around the vendor mall it finally became apparent that they do these the old fashioned way. No one sold the yo yo makers.
































Lunch the first day at the show was ... inventive??? Doris had a banana (contraband we had smuggled out of the hotel breakfast buffet) and a beer. I had a compatriot banana and a Baskin Robbins ice cream cone. For dessert we had granola bars. I think between us we covered all the necessary food groups. I was glad to see when we returned home that my bathroom scale was stuck on the same number as when I left. Nice, eh?

We had taken the train to the show and were a bit lost. We asked a nice fellow where the Tokyo Dome was and he sent us off up the street and around the corner. Yup - Tokyo Dome straight ahead. This was the first time I noticed that the sidewalks were painted with directional arrows. After that I started noticing this all over the place. Many of the Japanese were very disobedient and were walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk, but I did not see anyone get a ticket.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a great time.and I am also s little jealous, but for its worth WOW...you are right the purses are to die for.
    Glad you are home safe and sound, underweight, and with lots of new found ideas and fabric.,???????
    Irene

    ReplyDelete

Please - share your wisdom...